Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bamboo Bicycles!

The most inspiring Idea of heard of lately came to me from good ole' public radio. I was in my car, at a stoplight, not on my bike, when I heard this amazing idea bamboo bicycles. I think if the technologies are perfected this could be a great alternative to the traditionally steel or aluminum frame bikes. The whole bikes arent't made of bamboo, but the frames are, and thats a great use of material. The low impact, and resource efficiency of a bamboo frame is exciting to me, and I really hope this idea continues to grow.

Check out the story here at NPR:http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=121628758

Here is a non profit doing work with bamboo bikes: www.bamboosero.com

Thats all for now! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment